How to mix and match wallpaper and paint
There is nothing like wallpaper to add colour, pattern and texture to a room. And whether you are going for a bold statement or a more subtle look, finding the perfect designer paint pairing will help you deliver a well-thought-out balanced décor. And let’s face it, we have all recently seen the cracks appearing on the walls, and it is time to do something about it.
So, if you have been thinking about refreshing your home, consider injecting some character into it - Yours. You want your home to tell your story. And without character, a house is not a home.
Are you after creating calm? A space full of joy and energy? Or bringing in nature? The blues, the pinks, the yellows, the earthy tones, the greens, don’t shy away from colour! And combined with geometric, stripe or fauna & flora wallpaper, you will most certainly set the tone for your home.
Here are our tips to get you started.
- Always take into consideration all the elements and existing colours in a room. Floor, furniture, rugs, cushions, curtains…all the things you want to keep to make sure they complement the colour and wallpaper scheme.
- Inspire yourself from images in magazines or online. This will guide you in narrowing down your options.
- Get wallpaper samples and A4 painted board samples and move them around the room at different times of the day. Light, whether natural or artificial will influence how colours appear.
- Take a step back! Always best to see a wallpaper pattern from a distance!
- Pick a colour in the wallpaper and match it with a paint from the same colour family. Or go bold and choose a contrasting colour. Use your painted samples to ensure it works with every component in the room.